(FIRST-TIME APPLICATION OR RENEWAL)
ALL FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS for the Machine Readable Passport MUST appear in person at the designated Immigration Office.
ALL APPLICANTS FOR PASSPORTS MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AFTER THE COMPLETION OF AN APPLICATION FORM AND THE COLLATION OF ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS BY CALLING THE HIGH COMMISSION AT (0)207 2019 661/2/3/5
1) COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM
Complete Passport Application Form Adult – [for adults 16 years and over] or
Complete Passport Application Form Children – [for minors under 16 years of age]
Passport application forms can be obtained from the TTHC London consular section. or downloaded here.
NOTE: The machine readable passports will be valid for a period of FIVE years.
2) SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
PROOF OF YOUR TRINIDAD & TOBAGO CITIZENSHIP
a) Nationals born in Trinidad and Tobago
If you were born in Trinidad and Tobago, you must provide the following ORIGINAL documents as evidence of citizenship:
- Electronic Birth Certificate – Computer generated with pin number,
- Trinidad and Tobago Identification Card,
- Affidavit(s), Statutory Declaration(s), Deed Poll(s) or Change of Name Deed(s) (where applicable),
- If you acquired citizenship of another country, you must produce the citizenship certificate of that country. The date of acquisition and how acquired must be clearly stated,
- Restoration of Trinidad and Tobago Citizenship Certificate (if necessary),
- Female applicants who are married MUST submit their marriage certificate(s). If married more than once, all original certificates including decree absolutes, or spouse's death certificate MUST be produced.
b) Citizens born outside of Trinidad and Tobago
If you were born outside of Trinidad and Tobago and are a citizen, you must also submit original documents as outlined in section 2(a) as well as the following:
- Descent - Birth Certificate or Birth Record with parents' names. Proof of parents’ Trinidad and Tobago citizenship (their Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates and Passports), Trinidad and Tobago citizenship certificates.
- Registration - Certificate of Registration, Birth Certificate,
- Naturalization - Certificate of Naturalization, Birth Certificate,
- Adoption - Certificate of Adoption with pin number and letter from Adoption Board. Birth Certificate where possible also.
PROOF OF CHANGE OF NAME
- Affidavit(s) or Statutory Declaration(s) (where applicable),
- Marriage certificate(s) and/or divorce documents (where applicable),
- Duly registered Deed poll(s), Change of Name Deed or legal documents attesting to any change of name,
- Adoption Certificate,
- Certified Birth Certificate issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Registrar General’s Office or,
- Certified Birth Registration Certificate issued by a Trinidad and Tobago District Registrar’s Office for minors under one year of age.
PROVIDE PROOF OF IDENTITY (where applicable)
- Current, valid Trinidad and Tobago Identification Card,
- Trinidad & Tobago Passport,
- Valid Trinidad and Tobago Driver's License.
NOTE: Mutilated, altered, or damaged passports and ID’s are not acceptable as proof of identity.
MINORS UNDER 16YRS OF AGE
The applicant for the issue of a passport to a child is the parent/legal guardian.
- There are no age restrictions for obtaining a passport.
- Children over the age of five (5) years must sign the specimen signature.
The applicant must -
- Complete and sign the application form,
- Submit evidence of the child's Trinidad and Tobago citizenship,
- Produce their Trinidad and Tobago Identification Card or Passport,
- Submit the most recently issued passport in which the child's name appears, even if expired,
- Ensure that the name entered on the application form is the name the applicant wishes to appear in the passport,
- Provide evidence of any change in the child's name by submitting a Deed Poll or Change of Name Deed. (not a statutory declaration),
- If the information on the application form differs from the information on the documentary evidence produced, the applicant may be required to submit a Sworn Declaration to clarify any differences.
CUSTODY OF CHILD
PROVIDE PROOF OF CUSTODY OF MINORS IN CASES OF SEPARATED OR DIVORCED PARENTS.
The parent or guardian to whom custody of the minor child/children has been awarded, must produce evidence of the court order and any other relevant documentary evidence as may be required to support his/her claim. If the parents have joint custody, the other parent must submit a declaration giving consent for the application of the child's passport.
NOTE: IF THE INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FORM DIFFERS FROM THE INFORMATION ON THE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE PRODUCED, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A SWORN DECRLARATION TO CLARIFY ANY DIFFERENCES. THE WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IS REQUIRED FOR APPLICANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS.
*N.B.* COLOUR PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS MUST ACCOMPANY ORIGINALS
ANY DOCUMENT NOT RECORDED IN ENGLISH MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH.
(3) ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The applicant MUST
- Complete and sign the application form,
- Submit the most recently issued passport in which your name appears, even if expired (if renewing), Ensure that the name entered on the application form is the name the applicant wishes to appear in the passport,
- Provide evidence of any change of name, other than by marriage, by submitting a Deed Poll.
(4) PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS - FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
· Applicants for the first issue of Machine-Readable Passport are NOT required to submit photographs. In all cases, there will be live image capture at the respective Immigration Office – in London, this is at the Trinidad and Tobago High Commission.
- Photographs must be captured showing full hairline and both ears.
- ALL facial jewellery, ornaments, and unnatural features e.g. fake moles must be removed for photo capture.
- All facial tattoos must be concealed for photographs.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures hair or hairline unless it is worn for religious reasons. Photograph will capture a NEUTRAL expression of applicant.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT APPLICANTS WEARING CONTACT LENS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE SAME FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPH.
PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS - FOR RENEWAL OF SUBSEQUENT MACHINE READABLE PASPORT (BY POST ONLY)
For the issue of any subsequent MRPs, you will submit two identical photographs, which MUST meet the photograph specifications attached. (see NOTE TO ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS AND PHOTO STUDIOS below)
- Do not pin, staple or glue photographs to the application form.
- Submit two (2) unmounted coloured photographs showing a full front view of applicant’s face with eyes open and without dark glasses, unless there is a physical disability. Headdress may be accepted only in keeping with religious customs or for medical reasons. In ALL cases, full facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead must be clearly visible.
- All facial jewellery (nose, eye rings etc.) MUST be removed.
- Photographs MUST have been taken within the last six (6) months.
PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS ARE IN KEEPING WITH THE INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION (ICAO) GUIDELINES. ANY PHOTOGRAPHS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.
NOTE TO ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS AND PHOTO STUDIOS
ILLUSTRATIVE GUIDELINES FOR PORTRAITS IN A MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT
1. The portrait shall be not more than 6 months old.
2. The face should take up 70-80 percent of the vertical dimension.
3. Portraits should be in sharp focus, of high quality with no crease or ink mark.
4. Portraits should show applicant looking directly at camera.
5. Portraits should be in colour, it showing skin tone naturally.
6. Portraits should be on high quality paper with high resolution.
7. Portrait taken with digital camera should be at high quality and resolution and be printed on photo quality paper.
8. Portrait size must be at least 41mm x 31mm.
9. Portraits should show a close-up of the applicants head and top of the shoulders.
Portrait Style and Lighting
1. Portraits should show applicants with open eyes and clearly visible.
2. There should be no hair on forehead or obscuring of the eyes.
3. Applicant should be shown facing square to the camera not looking over one shoulder (portrait style).
4. Applicants head should be upright so that an imaginary horizontal line drawn between the centre of the eyes is parallel to the edge of the picture.
5. Both edges of the face should be clearly visible.
6. BACKGROUND MUST BE WHITE
7. The lighting should be even, with no shadows or reflection on face.
8. There should be no red eye.
Glasses and Head Covers
1. Glasses are not acceptable in the portrait.
2. Head coverings shall not be accepted except in circumstance which the competent State authority specifically approves. Such circumstances may be religious, medical or cultural.
Expressions and Frames
3. The portrait shall show the applicant alone with no other people, chair backs or toys visible.
4. The applicant shall be looking at the camera with a neutral expression, no smiling and their mouth closed.
Facial Markings and Piercings
There shall be no markings, tattoos or piercings on any part of the applicants face as to obscure an even appearance on the portrait.
DECLARATION OF THE RECOMMENDER
The requirement for this section (on page 2 of the application form) can be waived by the Immigration officer if the application is being submitted at any of our foreign missions. However you are required to complete section (7) for the provision of two (2) references.
(5) PAYMENT OF THE APPLICATION FEE
- For applicants in the United Kingdom
Payment will be accepted in cash or postal orders only. Postal orders are to be made payable to the Trinidad and Tobago High Commission.
- For applicants outside the United Kingdom
Payment will be accepted via a Banker’s Draft; Banker’s Cheque or an International Money Order made payable to the Trinidad and Tobago High Commission and drawn on a bank in the United Kingdom.
APPLICATION FEES FOR FIRST TIME OR RENEWAL OF MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT
A business 48-page passport can be issued in lieu of the 32-page passport upon request.
NOTE: THE PROCESSING TIME FOR THE MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT IS six (6) WEEKS.
WHEN COLLECTING MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT, THE PREVIOUS PASSPORT MUST BE TENDERED FOR CANCELLATION. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT THAT YOU "CHECK THE DETAILS" FOR CORRECTNESS AND IMMEDIATELY REPORT ANY DISCREPANCIES TO THE ISSUING OFFICE.
(6) LOST, STOLEN, OR MUTILATED PASSPORTS
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATIONS:
1. Provide a Police Report from the Police Authority certifying the Loss or theft of the Passport
2. Complete a Notification Form for a Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Passport (also available online)
3. In cases of loss by fire, a certified report from the Fire Authorities must be submitted. In this case no police report is necessary
4. Provide one (1) recent passport photograph.
5. Provide all supporting documents as required for a new passport application (see above)
The fees for lost, stolen, or mutilated passports are only determined by Head Office in Port of Spain Trinidad after the documents have been reviewed.
Nationalities requiring Visas to enter Trinidad and Tobago
The following nationalities require visas for entry into Trinidad and Tobago
Sao Tome & Principe
Nationalities (NOT) requiring Visas to enter Trinidad and Tobago
Czech Republic *
El Salvador **
Slovak Republic *
St Vincent & the Grenadines
* Visa not required for visits up to 30 days
** Visa not required for entry on Vacation/Business for entry up to 90 days
Applications for Visa from Nationals of the following Second Schedule
Countries must be referred to Trinidad and Tobago
Nationals of China
North & South Vietnam
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VISAS FOR THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Opening hours: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Please complete the Visa Application Form and return with the following:
1. Valid passport for the duration of stay in Trinidad and Tobago,
2. One (1) recent passport size photograph,
3. Fee of £18.00 (single entry) or £36.00 (multiple entries)– to be paid as follows:
Personal application – cash only
Postal application - British postal order; Cash; banker’s draft drawn on a UK bank; international money order drawn on a UK bank.
Postal charges – please add sterling equivalent of £6.00 UK residents and £8.00 Europeans
All cheques/orders should be made repayable to Trinidad and Tobago High Commission
4. If travelling on business, a letter from your company detailing the purpose of your visit, duration of stay, name of contact at company/organization you intend to visit,
5. Official confirmation of travel details and hotel booking in Trinidad and Tobago,
6. Letter of invitation,
7. Letter from applicant’s employer.
The Schengen Visa is issued by Embassies or Consulates of the following countries:
Greenland and the Faroe Islands
This visa allows the holder to move freely in all these countries within the validity of the visa.
However, please note that:
If you are not a resident of the UK or European Union, you should apply at the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen state you wish to travel to in Trinidad and Tobago.
If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of that country.
If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or country in which your main destination is situated.
If you intend to visit several countries without having a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country of your first port of entry.